AAA’s Show Your Card & Save Program Helps Consumers Save on Holiday Shopping
ORLANDO, FLORIDA, December 7, 2010
AAA members saved more than $2 billion last year using club-arranged discounts
AAA’s Show Your Card & Save Program® will help members of the motor club make the most of their holiday budgets whether they are shopping for family, sending gifts to out-of-state relatives or making holiday travel plans. Last year AAA’s 52 million members used their membership cards to save more than $2 billion by taking advantage of discounts on hotels, consumer electronics, books, clothing and more.
AAA’s Show Your Card & Save (SYC&S) program is the largest member discount program in the world, offering savings at more than 164,000 locations worldwide. Members also will find discounts on holiday gifts online, as well as savings on shipping holiday packages to family and friends.
“Many Americans remain anxious about personal finances and the approaching holidays can add additional stress for those experiencing tight household budgets,” said Bruce Ream, managing director of AAA Partnership Programs. “When making purchases AAA members should remember the same card they use for emergency roadside assistance and free travel guides can provide savings on gift giving this season.”
Send a gift direct to loved ones
Can’t attend holiday festivities but want to spread some holiday cheer? Send a centerpiece or gift basket from FTD.com where members receive a 25 percent discount off any floral arrangement, plant or gift item. AAA members also receive discounts at popular online retailers including 10 percent off at Target.com and BarnesandNoble.com, as well as 20 percent off at Shoes.com. Visit AAA.com/discounts for details.
Looking for a more personal shopping experience? AAA members receive discounts at many retail locations including 10 percent off at Banana Republic Factory Stores and Gap Outlet. Visit AAA.com/discounts for a complete list of retailers. Still need to ship a gift? AAA members receive 15 percent off select services and five percent off UPS shipping at The UPS Store.
AAA travel discounts
When holiday plans include travel, AAA members can take advantage of discounts and exclusive rates through AAA’s travel partners including hotel partners and Hertz car rental. AAA, which operates the largest leisure travel agency network in North America, is able to provide access to unmatched travel value.
‘Tis the season to win with the Show Your Card & Save sweepstakes
Everyone’s a winner when you show your AAA card to save at thousands of merchants across the country. But this season, enter for your chance to win an iPad® in AAA’s Weekly iPad giveaway. There will be one lucky winner each week throughout December. Hundreds of Visa® Gift Cards also will be awarded throughout the promotion. Visit AAA.com/ipadpromo for your chance to play and win!*
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.) 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Instant Win Game ends 12/31/2010. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit www.AAA.com/ipadpromo. Sponsor: AAA National American Automobile Association, Inc., 1000 AAA Drive, MS73, Heathrow, FL 32746.
As North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 52 million members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.
- AAA’s Show Your Card & Save Program Can Help Consumers Make the Most of Holiday Gift and Travel Budgets
- Consumers Expected to Save More Than $35 Million by Using Member Discounts This Holiday
- AAA Show Your Card & Save Program Saves Members More Than $513 Million in 2005
- AAA Show Your Card & Save® Program Saves Members More Than $595 Million in 2006
- AAA Show Your Card & Save® Program Achieves Record Member Savings During Tough Economy In 2002