AAA Insurance App Now Available for Android Devices
ORLANDO, Fla., (Nov. 30, 2011) -
Expanded access to valuable accident scene assistance from free AAA app will benefit more motorists
AAA’s latest addition to its suite of free mobile applications, AAA Insurance, is now available for use on Android devices. Originally launched for iPhone and iPad users in May, the app’s expanded access to Android devices will provide valuable crash scene assistance to even more motorists. The AAA Insurance app walks drivers through the post-traffic-crash process of collecting information, taking photos and requesting a tow truck.
“The information that needs to be collected following a collision can be overwhelming, even if all parties involved are uninjured,” said Jeff Green, AAA Managing Director of Wireless Product Strategy and Programs. “The AAA Insurance app guides drivers through step-by-step instructions on the necessary information to gather and photos to snap before leaving the scene of a traffic accident.
“With the expansion of the AAA Insurance app to Android products, and including iPhone and iPad users, a significant number of motorists will now have access to this valuable tool,” said Green.
The AAA Insurance app provides AAA’s recommended steps on what to do immediately following a traffic collision and what information is necessary to gather to submit an insurance claim, such as:
- Taking photos of the crash scene and damage to vehicles and property
- Documenting vehicle models and people involved in the crash
- Documenting the location of the crash
- Identifying damage to vehicles by making a few taps on your phone
- Documenting witnesses and police report details
The AAA Insurance app also provides one-touch access to call police and emergency services, to request a tow from AAA and to contact the AAA Insurance claims department for AAA Insurance policyholders. The app allows users to store their auto insurance company’s contact information, policy number, drivers on the policy and vehicles on the policy, which can be password protected for privacy. Additionally, users can view a summary of the traffic crash details and email a report straight from their iPhone and Android devices.
AAA Insurance is the fourth free AAA application available on iPhone and Android products. AAA TripTik Mobile features a mobile version of AAA TripTik Travel Planner. It provides turn-by-turn navigation and locates hotels, restaurants and gas stations, including current fuel prices. AAA Discounts uses GPS technology to display nearby AAA Show Your Card & Save locations. AAA Roadside enables AAA members who require emergency roadside assistance to send their location, vehicle description and breakdown details directly to AAA. Visit AAA.com/mobile for additional information.
As North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 52 million members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.
- AAA Insurance iPhone App Provides Step-by-Step Guidance Following a Traffic Crash
- World’s Largest Affinity Discount Program Now Available on Android-Compatible Devices, AAA Says
- AAA Helps More Motorists Compare Gas Prices with Launch of TripTik Mobile app for Android
- AAA Expands Mobile Offerings with Launch of AAA Roadside App for Android
- New version of AAA’s TripTik Mobile App for iPhone makes it easy to share directions with friends and family