AAA Urges Bipartisan Negotiations for Transportation Bill
“AAA urges Congress to move quickly through conference negotiations and pass a surface transportation reauthorization bill. New legislation is now more than two years overdue and states have delayed many necessary highway and infrastructure projects as a result. This bill is one of the most important laws that Congress can pass because it provides for safe, reliable and effective transportation for all Americans.
“Transportation has historically been a bipartisan issue, and we are encouraged that both chambers of Congress are coming together today to begin the process of negotiating a compromise bill. The House and Senate agree more than they disagree on transportation policy issues, and it is important to work together in a spirit of cooperation to resolve the few differences that remain.”
- AAA Commends Senate Transportation Bill Passage
- Statement by AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet on Federal Transportation Issues
- AAA Statement on Transportation Proposal
- STATEMENT by AAA President & CEO Bob Darbelnet
- Statement by Kathleen Bower, AAA Vice President of Public Affairs on President Obama’s Infrastructure Remarks