AAA Agrees with President’s Message on the Importance of Transportation to the U.S. Economy
(WASHINGTON, June 8, 2012) Today, President Obama once again cited the deteriorating condition of the nation’s infrastructure and the need for Congress to act to improve it. As a nation, we’ve underinvested in transportation for years, resulting in a backlog of needs, poor conditions and a substantial funding gap.
The federal transportation program is a few short weeks away from expiring unless Congress can move quickly to demonstrate their ability to negotiate and work towards a long-term transportation bill that will meet the nation’s mobility and safety needs. Transportation is not a partisan issue – it is time for Congress to act.
Learn more at MakingAmericaStronger.AAA.com
- Statement by Kathleen Bower, AAA Vice President of Public Affairs on President Obama’s Infrastructure Remarks
- Statement by AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet on Federal Transportation Issues
- AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet Testifies on Transportation Funding Before the U.S. House Ways & Means Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures
- Statement by Kathleen Marvaso on Congress’ Failure to Extend the Transportation Program, AAA Vice President of Public Affairs
- Statement by AAA President & CEO Robert L. Darbelnet in response to release of the National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission report