Congress Delivers on Transportation Safety and Mobility
“Today’s Congressional compromise on federal transportation legislation is a victory for drivers concerned about safety, congestion and road quality. AAA commends Congress for working together to negotiate a bipartisan agreement that will help maintain and improve the nation’s transportation system, while also implementing many critical reforms that AAA and other stakeholders have promoted for years.
“Next week, more than 35 million Americans plan to take to our nation’s highways to travel for the Independence Day holiday, which reinforces the real-world need for a safe and efficient transportation system. AAA urges both the House and the Senate to quickly pass the transportation authorization bill so that states can begin to implement construction projects with a greater degree of certainty and federal program reforms can begin to show dividends in terms of added safety, improved mobility and benefits to the economy.”
- AAA Commends Senate Transportation Bill Passage
- AAA Urges Bipartisan Negotiations for Transportation Bill
- AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet Testifies on Transportation Funding Before the U.S. House Ways & Means Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures
- Statement by Kathleen Marvaso on Congress’ Failure to Extend the Transportation Program, AAA Vice President of Public Affairs
- AAA Launches New Senior Safety and Mobility Web Site