Statement by Robert Darbelnet, AAA President & CEO, on President Obama Transportation Bill Signing
WASHINGTON, D.C., (July 6, 2012) “AAA is pleased that President Obama today signed into law a bi-partisan, two-year transportation bill that contains many policy and program reforms that we support. This new law promises to help rebuild public trust in the nation’s federal transportation program by eliminating earmarks, promoting road and bridge safety, and by better focusing federal dollars on national goals and objectives.
“Rebuilding public trust will be critical in the years ahead as policymakers outline their vision for an improved transportation system, which likely will require the public to pay more for the roads and bridges that they use. Long-term federal investment in highways and public transportation is needed to help make America stronger, and this new law is a positive step in the right direction for safety, mobility and economic growth.”
- AAA Applauds Senate and House Swift Action on the Transportation Bill
- STATEMENT by AAA President & CEO Bob Darbelnet on President Obama’s $50 Billion Transportation Proposal
- Congress Delivers on Transportation Safety and Mobility
- Statement by AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet on Federal Transportation Issues
- Statement by AAA President & CEO Robert L. Darbelnet in response to release of the National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission report