AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Labor Day Celebrations
ORLANDO, Fla., (August 29, 2012) – Whether you are one of the 33 million Americans with plans to travel this Labor Day weekend or celebrating locally, AAA strongly encourages you to arrange a safe ride home before partaking in any festivities.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer Tow-to-Go or Tipsy Tow service on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages family and friends to pick a designated driver before they head out for any Labor Day celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Tipsy Tow Program for Labor Day (September 3, 2012)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA Northwest Ohio ( available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Nevada ( Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Morris, Essex and Union counties)
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton
- AAA Oklahoma ( Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Ardmore, Tahlequah and Lawton )
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Independence Day Celebrations
- Some AAA Clubs Offer Safe Driving Alternatives During New Year’s Holiday Weekend
- Late Labor Day to Reduce Number of Vacations, but will be Third Busiest Labor Day Weekend this Decade, AAA says
- AAA Statement on GHSA Report Showing Increase in Teen Driver Fatalities in First Half 2011
- AAA Urges Adult Halloween Partygoers to Designate a Sober Driver