AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before You Set Out for Halloween Celebrations
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer Tow-to-Go or Tipsy Tow services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages motorists to pick a designated driver before they head out for any Halloween celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Tipsy Tow Program for Halloween (October 31, 2012)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Morris, Essex and Union counties)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Nevada ( Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA Tidewater (Greater Hampton Roads area : Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA)
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Labor Day Celebrations
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Independence Day Celebrations
- AAA Encourages Making a plan for the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend
- AAA Urges Adult Halloween Partygoers to Designate a Sober Driver
- Watch Your Step: Halloween Deadly Night for Pedestrians