AAA Mobile Battery Program Tests Over 22 Million Batteries at the Roadside
ORLANDO, Fla., (January 14, 2013) – Since the inception of the AAA Mobile Battery Program, AAA/CAA clubs have tested more than 22 million batteries at the roadside, resulting in over 7.5 million defective batteries being replaced on the scene. All AAA/CAA members are eligible for the service that includes a visit from a trained Battery Service Technician to their location to test their battery and if a problem is identified, members have the option to purchase a new AAA battery onsite. The average member cost of an installed AAA battery is $119 and includes a three-year free replacement warranty.
What Should You Know About Your Vehicle Battery?
The average life of a battery is 3-5 years, but driving conditions, climate, and lack of care and maintenance can shorten a battery’s lifespan. Here are some warning signs that you are at risk for a battery-related breakdown:
- Your vehicle cranks slowly when trying to start
- You hear a grinding, clicking or buzzing when you turn the ignition on
- Your vehicle has stalled
- Your headlights dim when you are idling but brighten when you rev the engine
- Your battery is more than three years old
What to Do if You Have Suspect Your Battery is Failing
If you suspect an old battery is to blame for your vehicle trouble, call AAA. Battery testing is provided as part of the free Roadside Assistance service members are entitled to each year. As a benefit to members, AAA’s Mobile Battery Service can install a new AAA battery and recycle the old battery for you. AAA recycles every battery replaced, saving resources and keeping hazardous waste from landfills.
Android and iPhone users can download AAA Mobile, AAA’s mobile smartphone app that provides select AAA services for all motorists, such as obtaining a battery replacement quote, mapping and gas price comparison. AAA Membership is not required to download and use AAA apps, but is necessary to take advantage of unique member benefits such as roadside assistance and AAA Discounts. For more information on AAA Mobile, visit AAA.com/Mobile.
As North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 53 million members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.
- AAA Recycles Four Million Auto Batteries, 90 Million Pounds of Lead
- As Roadside Assistance Calls Exceed 18 Million for 2012, AAA Urges Motorists to Get Vehicle Checkup
- AAA Experts Made the List, Now Check it Twice to Avoid Being One of the 1.2 Million Motorists Stranded this Holiday Season
- AAA Expands Mobile Offerings with Launch of AAA Roadside App for Android
- New App ‘AAA Mobile’ Helps Keep Motorists ‘On the Go’