Some AAA Clubs Offer Safe Driving Alternatives During Year-End Holidays
(ORLANDO, Fla., December 18, 2012) As millions of Americans prepare to celebrate the upcoming holidays, AAA urges motorists to remember the safety precautions they should take during this festive season. Drive only while drug and alcohol-free, select a designated driver for the evening, plan to take a cab or stay with a friend.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer Tow-to-Go or Tipsy Tow services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages motorists to pick a designated driver before they head out for any celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Tipsy Tow Program for Christmas & New Year’s Eve
Programs Available for Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Morris, Essex and Union counties)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Tahlequah and Lawton)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Nevada ( Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA Tidewater (Greater Hampton Roads area : Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA) – program runs through January 1
- AAA Northwest Ohio ( available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties)
- AAA MountainWest (Helena, East Helena, Montana City, Belgrade, Bozeman, Billings and Missoula and Anchorage, Alaska)
Program available for New Year’s Eve Only
- Automobile Club of Southern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Texas (statewide)
- AAA New Mexico (statewide)
- AAA Hawaii
- AAA Alabama – (Program is called Tow-For-Life)
- AAA Allied Group
- (Connecticut -Hartford, Tolland, Middlesex, New London, and Windham) Program is called ArriveSafe and drives motorists vehicles home
- Ohio (Cincinnati only) Program is called Care Cab 768-FREE (3733) (AAA has no call center involvement)
- Kansas (Shawnee County -Topeka area only) Care Cab 785-357-4444 (AAA has no call center involvement)
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice LinkWebsite.