AAA Encourages Super Bowl Revelers to Drive Safely After the Big Game
ORLANDO, Fla., (January 29, 2013) – As football fans across America head to Super Bowl festivities this weekend, AAA strongly encourages revelers to arrange a safe ride home before their teams hit the field.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer Tow-to-Go or Tipsy Tow service on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere.
The following AAA Clubs offer Tipsy Tow programs for the Super Bowl Game this weekend (February 3):
- AAA Arizona (Statewide)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Program is offered year-round & called Safe Tow)
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.
- Some AAA Clubs Offer Safe Driving Alternatives During Year-End Holidays
- Caution Ahead: New Year’s Ranks as Deadliest Day on U.S. Roads
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before You Set Out for Halloween Celebrations
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Setting Out for Thanksgiving Festivities
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Independence Day Celebrations