Prioritize Transportation Infrastructure to Ensure Efficient, Safe and Reliable Roads
Statement by AAA’s President and CEO Robert Darbelnet in Response to President Obama’s State of the Union Address
“President Obama’s support for transportation infrastructure in tonight’s State of the Union address is of critical importance to millions of American motorists that depend on safe roads and bridges to support their livelihoods and their families.
“America’s Interstate Highway System became the envy of the world decades ago because our nation’s leaders worked together to implement far-reaching polices of historic importance. The leaders of the time did not let the political risks detract them from developing a highway network that would stand as a monument to the engineering excellence of the United States.
“It is no secret that a great political divide and considerable funding issues have created significant road blocks to sustaining a safe and an improved infrastructure. Every day millions of frustrated Americans lose valuable time and money waiting in traffic, and they are relying on their elected officials to provide relief.
“AAA urges both the President and Congress to prioritize transportation this year to ensure that American’s can get to work, go to school and travel from state to state on roads that once again become the most efficient, safe and reliable in the world.”
- Statement by Robert Darbelnet, AAA President & CEO, on President Obama Transportation Bill Signing
- Statement by Robert Darbelnet, President & CEO of AAA, on Federal Transportation Spending
- AAA Applauds Senate and House Swift Action on the Transportation Bill
- Congress Delivers on Transportation Safety and Mobility
- AAA Congratulates New Transportation Committee Chairman