AAA Encourages Making a plan for St. Patrick’s Day
(HEATHROW, March 12, 2013) As everyone searches for their luckiest leprechaun and makes plans to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, AAA strongly encourages arranging a safe ride home before they partake in any festivities.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer Tow-to-Go or Tipsy Tow service on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages family and friends to pick a designated driver before they head out on St. Patrick’s Day.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Home Program for St. Patrick’s Day (Sunday, March 17th)
- AAA Arizona (Statewide)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Program is called Safe Tow)
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Ardmore and Lawton)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton)
- AAA Northwest Ohio (available in the Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding, and Ottawa counties)
- AAA Northern California
- AAA Nevada (Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
Taxi Ride Programs:
- AAA Allied Group in Ohio has a program called “ArriveSafe”. It provides cab rides for Montgomery County residents only. AAA has no call center involvement- local motorists must dial 449-9999.
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.
- AAA Encourages Super Bowl Revelers to Drive Safely After the Big Game
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Setting Out for Thanksgiving Festivities
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before You Set Out for Halloween Celebrations
- Some AAA Clubs Offer Safe Driving Alternatives During Year-End Holidays
- AAA Says Pick a Designated Driver Before Independence Day Celebrations