Celebrate July 4 with a Designated Driver Says AAA
ORLANDO, Fla., (June 28,2013) –As motorists search for the perfect spot to watch their favorite fireworks show or makes plans to attend celebrations around the July 4 holiday, AAA strongly encourages arranging a safe ride home before they partake in any festivities.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages family and friends to pick a designated driver before they head out for any Independence Day celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for Independence Day (July 4, 2013)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida and Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA Northwest Ohio (available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties)
- Automobile Club of Southern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Texas (statewide)
- AAA New Mexico (statewide)
- AAA Hawaii
- AAA Alabama (Statewide. Program is called “Tow-for-Life”)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Program is called Safe Tow)
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton)
- AAA Oklahoma ( Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Ardmore, Tahlequah and Lawton)
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.