Statement of Bob Darbelnet, AAA President and CEO, on Release of Government Accountability Office Report on Tolling:
“The GAO report confirms AAA’s position that tolling authorities should provide greater transparency in their decision making processes and establish clearer lines of external oversight. Toll rate setting needs to be conducted fairly, with clear justifications for increases and with the public’s knowledge.
During the last Congress, AAA supported the introduction of the Commuter Protection Act which would have restored the U.S. Department of Transportation’s ability to determine whether toll hikes are reasonable. We look forward to working with Congress to re-introduce this important legislation to ensure that motorists are more properly protected against unfair toll increases.”
- Statement by AAA President & CEO Robert L. Darbelnet in response to release of the National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission report
- Statement by Robert Darbelnet, President & CEO of AAA, on Federal Transportation Spending
- Statement by AAA President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet on Federal Transportation Issues
- STATEMENT by AAA President & CEO Bob Darbelnet on President Obama’s $50 Billion Transportation Proposal
- Statement by AAA President & CEO Bob Darbelnet on President Obama’s 2013 Budget