Diamond Ratings Articles & Information
In the News
- Fox 13 Tampa Bay: Hotel Ratings
Consumer reporter Chris Chmura takes a behind the scenes look at the AAA Diamond Ratings. “We can’t show his face. And we can’t say his name,” said consumer reporter Chris Chmura, “but ‘Conrad,’ as we’ll call him, is an undercover AAA inspector, checking up on the Four Diamond Peabody this morning.” >> Watch the Video
- Sneak peek: AAA’s Five Diamond hotels for 2013
By Barbara DeLollis, USA TODAY, January 21, 2013
“Sometimes, we (travel agents) need ways to describe a property and by saying, ‘It’s Five Diamond,’” says Laura Allen. “It helps us make a sale. It validates a property in the mind of a client. It’s instant affirmation and clout that the place is going to be good.” >> Full article
- Huffington Post Slideshow Gallery: AAA 5 Diamond Awards 2013
HuffingtonPost.com, January 18, 2013
“AAA Five Diamond hotels offer guests a meticulous degree of personalized attention and extensive amenities in a luxurious setting, and Five Diamond restaurants feature world-class service and imaginative menus using the finest ingredients,” said Michael Petrone, director, AAA Tourism Information Development. >> Full article
- AAA Announces 2013 Diamond Award Winners
By Miriam B. Weiner, travel.usnews.com, January 2013
AAA’s Diamond Rating is one of the few appraisal systems that rely on physical on-site inspections. >>Full article
- AAA Diamond Ratings System Facts: Key advantages and attributes of AAA’s unique Diamond Rating system; history of AAA inspections and ratings.
- 2013 Five Diamond Award Winner Facts: Statistics and notables about hotels and restaurants currently rated as AAA Five Diamond establishiments.
- 2013 Four Diamond Award Winner Facts: Statistics and notables about hotels and restaurants currently rated as AAA Four Diamond establishments.