Holiday Safe Ride Program
Availability for Thanksgiving 2016
This Thanksgiving, AAA reminds motorists to travel safely and drive drug- and alcohol-free when hitting the roads. For those who do plan to drink, AAA urges them to take safety precautions in advance: designate a non-drinking driver, call a cab or stay with a friend.
A number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. * AAA strongly recommends selecting a designated driver before heading out for any holiday celebrations.
AAA works year-round to educate the public on the dangers of impaired driving in an effort to reduce traffic-related crashes and injuries. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering facts about impaired driving, transportation alternatives and expert advice. AAA encourages all motorists to Take the Pledge to drive drug- and alcohol-free.
If you need a safe ride home, call 1-800-AAA-HELP.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice.
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for Thanksgiving:
- The Auto Club Group Tow-to-Go (statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. In Nebraska, only in Omaha and Lincoln)
- Findlay Auto Club (Hancock County only) Local motorists must dial 419-425-3908. Program runs 9 p.m. Nov. 23 – 4 a.m. Nov. 24.
- AAA Arizona (statewide) Program runs 6 p.m. Nov. 23 – 6 a.m. Nov. 24.
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Tahlequah, Ardmore and Lawton)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton)
- AAA Tidewater (Greater Hampton Roads area: Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg)
Taxi Ride Programs:
- AAA Allied Group ArriveSafe in Ohio (Montgomery County residents only. AAA has no call center involvement). Local motorists must dial 937-449-9999. Program runs 6 p.m. Nov. 23 – 6 a.m. Nov. 27
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.