June 29th, 2012 by AAA
ORLANDO, Fla., (June 29, 2012) –As everyone searches for their favorite spot to watch fireworks or makes plans to attend celebrations around the July 4 holiday, AAA strongly encourages arranging a safe ride home before they partake in any festivities.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer Tow-to-Go or Tipsy Tow service on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages family and friends to pick a designated driver before they head out for any Independence Day celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Tipsy Tow Program for Independence Day (July 4, 2012)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida and Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA Northwest Ohio ( available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Nevada ( Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA New Jersey Automobile Club (Morris, Essex and Union counties)
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton
- AAA Oklahoma ( Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Ardmore and Lawton )
- AAA Texas (statewide)
- AAA New Mexico (statewide)
- AAA Utah (statewide)
- AAA Hawaii
- AAA Alabama – (Program is called Tow-For-Life)
- Automobile Club of Southern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Mid-Atlantic is a key part of the “Tipsy Taxi” program in the Baltimore area only. This program offers cab rides home to members and non-members.
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website