Holiday Safe Ride Program
Availability for Thanksgiving 2013
As millions of Americans prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving with loved ones, AAA reminds motorists to take the following safety precautions as the holiday season kicks off: drive only while drug and alcohol-free, select a designated driver for the evening, plan to take a cab or stay with a friend.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages motorists to pick a designated driver before they head out for any Thanksgiving celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice.
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for Thanksgiving (November 28)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”, available)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton)
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Tahlequah, Ardmore and Lawton)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Nevada (Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA Arizona (Statewide/program runs Nov. 27 6 p.m.- 6 a.m., Nov 28)
- AAA Tidewater (Greater Hampton Roads area : Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA)
- AAA Northwest Ohio (available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties/ Nov. 27-28, 6 p.m.- 6 a.m. )
Taxi Ride Programs:
- AAA Allied Group in Ohio has a program called “ArriveSafe”. It provides cab rides for Montgomery County residents only. AAA has no call center involvement- local motorists must dial 449-9999.
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link website.