Holiday Safe Ride Program
Availability for Thanksgiving 2014
ORLANDO, Fla., (Nov. 24, 2014) – As Americans are preparing to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, AAA strongly encourages all motorists to arrange a safe ride home before they partake in any festivities.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer safe ride programs on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages family and friends to pick a designated driver before they head out to celebrate the holiday.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice.
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for Thanksgiving (November 27)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go.”)
- AAA Arizona (statewide) (available from 6 p.m. on Nov. 26 through 6 a.m. on Nov. 27).
- AAA Tidewater Virginia (Greater Hampton Roads area : Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA)
- AAA Northwest Ohio ( available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Ardmore, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Tahlequah and Lawton)
- AAA Allied Group in Ohio (program called “ArriveSafe.” It provides cab rides for Montgomery County residents only. AAA has no call center involvement- local motorists must dial 937-449-9999.
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.