Holiday Safe Ride Program
Availability for Holiday 2016
This holiday season, AAA reminds motorists to travel safely and drive drug- and alcohol-free when hitting the roads. For those who do plan to drink, AAA urges them to take safety precautions in advance: designate a non-drinking driver, call a cab or stay with a friend.
A number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. * AAA strongly recommends selecting a designated driver before heading out for any holiday celebrations.
AAA works year-round to educate the public on the dangers of impaired driving in an effort to reduce traffic-related crashes and injuries. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering facts about impaired driving, transportation alternatives and expert advice. AAA encourages all motorists to Take the Pledge to drive drug- and alcohol-free.
If you need a safe ride home, call 1-800-AAA-HELP.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice.
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for Christmas & New Year’s Eve:
- The Auto Club Group “Tow-to-Go” (statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. In Nebraska, only in Omaha and Lincoln)
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton)
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Tahlequah, Ardmore and Lawton)
- AAA Tidewater (Greater Hampton Roads area: cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA) – program runs through January 1
- AAA MountainWest (Helena, East Helena, Montana City, Billings, Bozeman/Belgrade, Missoula, Whitefish, Kalispell, Livingston and Hamilton)
- AAA Findlay (Hancock County, Ohio) Local motorists must dial (419) 425-3908. Program runs through December 31.
Taxi Ride Programs:
- AAA Allied Group (Ohio) ArriveSafe – provides cab rides for Montgomery County residents only. AAA has no call center involvement – local motorists must dial 937-449-9999. (Program runs 6 p.m. Dec. 23 – 6 a.m. Dec. 26 and 6 p.m. Dec. 30 – 6 a.m. January 2)
Program available for New Year’s Eve Only:
- Automobile Club of Southern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Northern California (all club territories)
- AAA Nevada (Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA Texas (statewide)
- AAA New Mexico (statewide)
- AAA Hawaii
- AAA Alabama Tow-For-Life
- AAA Allied Group
- Kansas Care Cab, 785-357-4444 (Shawnee County/Topeka area only, AAA has no call center involvement) – programs run 8 p.m. – 4 a.m. Dec. 31.
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.