Holiday Safe Ride Program
Availability for New Year’s Eve 2014
Program Availability Maps
ORLANDO, Fla., (Dec. 26, 2014) – As millions of Americans prepare to ring in the New Year with friends and family, AAA reminds motorists to take the following safety precautions: drive only while drug and alcohol-free, select a designated driver for the evening, plan to take a cab or stay with a friend.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages motorists to pick a designated driver before they head out for any celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice.
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for New Year’s Eve
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- AAA Alabama – (Program is called Tow-For-Life)
- AAA Allied Group
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- Automobile Club of Southern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Hawaii
- AAA Oklahoma (Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Tahlequah, Ardmore and Lawton)
- AAA MountainWest (Helena, East Helena, Montana City, Belgrade, Bozeman, Billings, Missoula, Livingston, Kalispell, Whitefish and Anchorage, Alaska)
- AAA New Mexico (statewide)
- AAA Nevada ( Statewide)
- AAA Northwest Ohio ( available in Lucas, Fulton, Wood, Henry, Williams, Defiance, Paulding and Ottawa counties)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton
- AAA Texas (statewide)
- AAA Tidewater (Greater Hampton Roads area : Cities of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Yorktown and Williamsburg, VA) – program runs through January 1
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
Taxi Ride Programs:
- Kansas (Shawnee County -Topeka area only) Care Cab 785-357-4444 (AAA has no call center involvement
- AAA Allied Group Dayton, Ohio area (Montgomery County only): The Montgomery County Prosecutor in the Miami Valley has a program called “ArriveSafe.” It provides cab rides for Montgomery County residents only. AAA has no call center involvement- local motorists must dial 937-449-9999. (Offered from 12 p.m. Dec. 24 through 6 a.m. Dec. 26 and 12 p.m. on Dec. 31 through 6 a.m. January 2)
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.