Holiday Safe Ride Program
Availability for Independence Day 2015
As Independence Day approaches, AAA reminds motorists to take the following safety precautions in advance: drive only while drug and alcohol-free, select a designated driver for the day, plan to take a cab or stay with a friend.
AAA works year round to educate motorists about driving practices that will help keep them safe and reduce traffic-related crashes and the injuries that can result. PreventDUI.AAA.com is an online resource offering impaired driving facts, transportation alternatives and expert advice. Once there, AAA encourages visitors to Take the Pledge to drive drug and alcohol-free.
While not a nationwide program, a number of AAA clubs offer safe ride services on select dates for members and nonmembers. This service is not available everywhere. AAA strongly encourages motorists to pick a designated driver before they head out for any holiday celebrations.
*Please note availability is subject to change without notice.
AAA Clubs Currently Offering a Safe Ride Program for Independence Day (July 4, 2015)
- AAA Alabama (Statewide. Program is called “Tow-for-Life”)
- AAA Arizona (statewide)
- The Auto Club Group (Statewide in Florida and Georgia and Tennessee. Program is called “Tow-to-Go”)
- Automobile Club of Southern California
- AAA Hawaii
- AAA New Mexico (statewide)
- AAA Northern California (in all club territories)
- AAA Nevada ( Statewide)
- AAA Utah (Statewide)
- AAA Oklahoma ( Metro Tulsa, Metro Oklahoma City, Shawnee, Bartlesville, Enid, Muskogee, Ardmore, Tahlequah and Lawton)
- AAA South Dakota (Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Mitchell and Yankton)
- AAA Texas (statewide)
Taxi Ride Programs:
AAA Allied Group in Ohio: The Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office will be offering the Arrive Safe Program to impaired drivers for the Fourth of July holiday. This is not a AAA program, and AAA had no call center involvement. The program is available to Montgomery County residents only. To request a free ride local motorists must dial (937) 449-9999.
For a comprehensive list of other community programs listed state by state, please visit AAA’s DUI Justice Link Website.